trouble with buttons and scripts

Pia Oliver
I have a layout with a portal, FMP Advanced 12.ov5, and have created two buttons which are the labels for the fields in the portal, and the button performs a sort. Also one button on one of the fields (the id of the book) and told the button to go to the related record. The actual records are, of course in another table (db) but the relationship pulls them in and displays them properly. However, NONE of the buttons work. I have tried with actual scripts, and the simple "pick the command you want” - nothing works at all.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Pia

Re: trouble with buttons and scripts

Mark Rubenstein
Are you sure the buttons are completely contained within the first row of the portal?

Re: trouble with buttons and scripts

wrwaugh
I am not sure of your question.  Are the buttons set to sort the portal?  If so, it will not work natively in FileMaker.  Portals are sorted either by the relationship definition or the portal setup.

Riley Waugh
[hidden email]

> On Aug 9, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Pia Oliver <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a layout with a portal, FMP Advanced 12.ov5, and have created two buttons which are the labels for the fields in the portal, and the button performs a sort. Also one button on one of the fields (the id of the book) and told the button to go to the related record. The actual records are, of course in another table (db) but the relationship pulls them in and displays them properly. However, NONE of the buttons work. I have tried with actual scripts, and the simple "pick the command you want” - nothing works at all.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> thanks,
>
> Pia

Re: trouble with buttons and scripts

Pia Oliver
Yes, I made it 300% and made sure. Only one button is within the portal. The other two are in the body of the layout, and are labels/titles for the portal fields.

Pia