snap-shrink text objects?

eric scheid-5
OK, this is finally irking me.

Back in FMP7-11 it was possible to select a text object on a layout, and by altering some style attribute it would then snap-shrink back to the minimum dimensions. (I would usually just toggle underline on then off, as I pretty much never use underline styling.)

This no longer seems to work in FMP13-15.

Manually resizing text objects vertical dimension to less than possible does cause it to snap back to the minimum, but is there a way to shrink the width appropriately?

e.