select where to start label printing

Hull, Douglas D
In fm 6, is there a way to enter a starting position where the labels should start printing?  As in if 5 labels have been used I would like to start at # 6.  I have for-warned this person that running the same label page through a printer more than once is not a great idea.

Heck, can you do this in fm 7?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: select where to start label printing

David McQueen
The only way I have seen this is to use multiple layouts with the
label positioned differently in each layout.

If you go to my site and download group schedule, you can look at how I did it.

HTH

Dave McQueen

>In fm 6, is there a way to enter a starting position where the
>labels should start printing?  As in if 5 labels have been used I
>would like to start at # 6.  I have for-warned this person that
>running the same label page through a printer more than once is not
>a great idea.
>
>Heck, can you do this in fm 7?
>
>Thanks,
>Doug
>
>--

David A. McQueen
Lichen Software
Barrie, ON, Canada
www.lichen-software.com
Simple | Powerful | Solutions

Re: select where to start label printing

steve harley
Quoting David McQueen <[hidden email]>:
> The only way I have seen this is to use multiple layouts with the
> label positioned differently in each layout.

you could generate the correct number of "blank" records
and see to it that they are included in your found set
and that they sort to the top

more complicated, but slicker, set up a "labels" table,
with serialized records, define a special relation so
that records 1 through n would not relate to source
data, and (n+1) and above would relate to the correct
source data; then always print labels from the "labels"
table, via the relation, after setting up to skip n labels

Re: select where to start label printing

David McQueen
I love it.

I think at heart that I must be lazy ;-)

Dave McQueen