formatting a date field

Patrick Neame
Hello all,

FM Advanced 16

I have a date field that I’d like to display

Friday
    2

or

Saturday
     3

but the formatting inspector doesn’t recognise the Pilcrow character and I end up with

Saturd
  ay3

Where there’s room on the layout I prefer to use the full dayname. Is there a way get the inspector to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick Neame

(Neither a merge field or double merge field will do it.)

Re: formatting a date field

tim ballering-2
How about simply using two copies of the date field and place one above and one below

myDateField  (Format as long name day)
myDateField  (Format as date number)

Tim Ballering
[hidden email]

> On Mar 3, 2018, at 7:30 AM, Patrick Neame <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> FM Advanced 16
>
> I have a date field that I’d like to display
>
> Friday
>    2
>
> or
>
> Saturday
>     3
>
> but the formatting inspector doesn’t recognise the Pilcrow character and I end up with
>
> Saturd
>  ay3
>
> Where there’s room on the layout I prefer to use the full dayname. Is there a way get the inspector to do this?
>

> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Patrick Neame
>

> (Neither a merge field or double merge field will do it.)

Re: formatting a date field

Patrick Neame
Sorry, I should have mentioned, that’s what I have at the moment. It just seems so untidy.

Patrick

> On 3 Mar 2018, at 12:44, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How about simply using two copies of the date field and place one above and one below
>
> myDateField  (Format as long name day)
> myDateField  (Format as date number)
>
> Tim Ballering
> [hidden email]
>

>> On Mar 3, 2018, at 7:30 AM, Patrick Neame <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> FM Advanced 16
>>
>> I have a date field that I’d like to display
>>
>> Friday
>>   2
>>
>> or
>>
>> Saturday
>>    3
>>
>> but the formatting inspector doesn’t recognise the Pilcrow character and I end up with
>>
>> Saturd
>> ay3
>>
>> Where there’s room on the layout I prefer to use the full dayname. Is there a way get the inspector to do this?
>>

>> Many thanks in advance,
>>

>> Patrick Neame
>>

>> (Neither a merge field or double merge field will do it.)

Re: formatting a date field

Peter Doern
Assuming you're on a Mac, try entering Option+Return in the delimiter field in the Inspector.

Peter

> On Mar 3, 2018, at 7:30 AM, Patrick Neame <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> FM Advanced 16
>
> I have a date field that I’d like to display
>
> Friday
>    2
>
> or
>
> Saturday
>     3
>
> but the formatting inspector doesn’t recognise the Pilcrow character and I end up with
>
> Saturd
>  ay3
>
> Where there’s room on the layout I prefer to use the full dayname. Is there a way get the inspector to do this?
>

> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Patrick Neame
>

> (Neither a merge field or double merge field will do it.)

Re: formatting a date field

Patrick Neame
Yup, that's it. Many thanks.
I've just been having a little read about the option key, some of which I knew, quite a bit I didn't: e.g. hold down the option key while you click on your wifi icon in the menu bar.

Patrick Neame