Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
I've got a couple of support ticket open with Dacons regarding the MailIt plugin, and I haven't a had a response for 3 weeks, even though I've made repeated inquiries.

Does anyone know if something has happened to Dacons?

-Troy

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

ralphalvy
yesterday. I haven’t heard back.

On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:20, Troy Meyers wrote:

> I've got a couple of support ticket open with Dacons regarding the
> MailIt plugin, and I haven't a had a response for 3 weeks, even though
> I've made repeated inquiries.
>
> Does anyone know if something has happened to Dacons?
>
> -Troy

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
Thanks, Ralph! I appreciate it. Let me know... are you a customer too?

-Troy

> yesterday. I haven’t heard back.

***SPAM*** RE: Status of Dacons Limited?

Dan Kelly-2
I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a really good plugin

Dan Kelly

On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:20, Troy Meyers wrote:

> I've got a couple of support ticket open with Dacons regarding the
> MailIt plugin, and I haven't a had a response for 3 weeks, even though
> I've made repeated inquiries.
>
> Does anyone know if something has happened to Dacons?
>
> -Troy

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
Dan,

Yes, I've been using it for years. There's an issue with MailIt under FileMaker Pro 15 and they released an update, but there are still some problems, no longer crashing, but can't send. They sent me a test build that fixed one of them (that build not released yet) weeks ago, but since then I've heard nothing. I'm hoping they are still in business!

-Troy

> I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a
> really good plugin
>
> Dan Kelly

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

ralphalvy
I use it extensively. This is not good news.

On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:45, Troy Meyers wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Yes, I've been using it for years. There's an issue with MailIt under
> FileMaker Pro 15 and they released an update, but there are still some
> problems, no longer crashing, but can't send. They sent me a test
> build that fixed one of them (that build not released yet) weeks ago,
> but since then I've heard nothing. I'm hoping they are still in
> business!
>
> -Troy
>

>> I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a
>> really good plugin
>>
>> Dan Kelly

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

ralphalvy
Still no response. Anyone getting a response from Dacons?

On 2 Jul 2016, at 15:10, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> I use it extensively. This is not good news.
>
> On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:45, Troy Meyers wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Yes, I've been using it for years. There's an issue with MailIt under
>> FileMaker Pro 15 and they released an update, but there are still
>> some problems, no longer crashing, but can't send. They sent me a
>> test build that fixed one of them (that build not released yet) weeks
>> ago, but since then I've heard nothing. I'm hoping they are still in
>> business!
>>
>> -Troy
>>

>>> I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a
>>> really good plugin
>>>
>>> Dan Kelly

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
Ralph,

Not I.

For what it's worth I've got the beta of what would be the next bug-fix version, which (at least for me) solved the most serious problem of the current release.

-Troy

> Still no response. Anyone getting a response from Dacons?
>
> On 2 Jul 2016, at 15:10, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> I use it extensively. This is not good news.
>
> On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:45, Troy Meyers wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Yes, I've been using it for years. There's an issue with MailIt under
>> FileMaker Pro 15 and they released an update, but there are still
>> some problems, no longer crashing, but can't send. They sent me a
>> test build that fixed one of them (that build not released yet) weeks
>> ago, but since then I've heard nothing. I'm hoping they are still in
>> business!
>>
>> -Troy
>>

>>> I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a
>>> really good plugin
>>>
>>> Dan Kelly

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Charlie Cole
This is concerning I use this plugin in my system.  Wonder if they will be at Devcon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Charlie Cole . Production Director . PennWell Corporation
1421 S Sheridan Rd . Tulsa, OK  74112 . Office 918-832-9365 . Cell 918-760-8970   [hidden email]

For what it's worth I've got the beta of what would be the next bug-fix version, which (at least for me) solved the most serious problem of the current release.

-Troy

> Still no response. Anyone getting a response from Dacons?
>
> On 2 Jul 2016, at 15:10, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> I use it extensively. This is not good news.
>
> On 2 Jul 2016, at 14:45, Troy Meyers wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Yes, I've been using it for years. There's an issue with MailIt under
>> FileMaker Pro 15 and they released an update, but there are still
>> some problems, no longer crashing, but can't send. They sent me a
>> test build that fixed one of them (that build not released yet) weeks
>> ago, but since then I've heard nothing. I'm hoping they are still in
>> business!
>>
>> -Troy
>>

>>> I thought I seen a post from them months ago, as another note it's a
>>> really good plugin
>>>
>>> Dan Kelly

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fmail.troi.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2fplug-list_troi.com&data=01%7c01%7ccharliec%40pennwell.com%7cef15e3efc9e8480dc5ae08d3a9a3f2ee%7c5bbf75da8a3f493c8343e6cd0cb0e070%7c1&sdata=8%2brO5vx9%2fOZFN72Hc2RJ%2bPLECgtvOnQtYOfpBFU2h8o%3d

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
Charlie,

If you are going, please report back. I'm not. Thanks!

-Troy

> This is concerning I use this plugin in my system.  Wonder if they will
> be at Devcon

***SPAM*** RE: Status of Dacons Limited?

Charlie Cole
I am going to DevCon, I will see what I can find out.  This really worries me as I use this plugin heavily in my solution and it has been the best tool that I have found.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Charlie Cole . Production Director . PennWell Corporation
1421 S Sheridan Rd . Tulsa, OK  74112 . Office 918-832-9365 . Cell 918-760-8970   [hidden email]

If you are going, please report back. I'm not. Thanks!

-Troy

> This is concerning I use this plugin in my system.  Wonder if they
> will be at Devcon

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fmail.troi.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2fplug-list_troi.com&data=01%7c01%7ccharliec%40pennwell.com%7cbb0d832271bc407fd5a708d3a9e55f26%7c5bbf75da8a3f493c8343e6cd0cb0e070%7c1&sdata=UnUnbhN%2fAsmSu5ciW%2bicv%2fko%2bccznCMB2X1IZ9Outl8%3d

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

Troy Meyers-2
Thanks, Charlie...

but Good News: today I received a "Support Ticket Update" from Dacons, a good sign. Though it's been a full month, at least I got this response:
"Please accept our apologizes for long response time. This issue is currently with our developers. We will provide an update as soon as possible."

So, it appears they are still there!

-Troy

> I am going to DevCon, I will see what I can find out.  This really
> worries me as I use this plugin heavily in my solution and it has been
> the best tool that I have found.

Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

ralphalvy
Thank you! I've been scouring the internet for their New Zealand phone
number to no avail. I wondered if their support person was sick, as I
always got the same name when I got support from them.

On 12 Jul 2016, at 11:26, Troy Meyers wrote:

> Thanks, Charlie...
>
> but Good News: today I received a "Support Ticket Update" from Dacons,
> a good sign. Though it's been a full month, at least I got this
> response:
> "Please accept our apologizes for long response time. This issue is
> currently with our developers. We will provide an update as soon as
> possible."
>
> So, it appears they are still there!
>
> -Troy
>

>> I am going to DevCon, I will see what I can find out.  This really
>> worries me as I use this plugin heavily in my solution and it has
>> been
>> the best tool that I have found.

***SPAM*** Re: Status of Dacons Limited?

ralphalvy
I finally downloaded the version for Filemaker 15 and find that I cannot
send via SMTP if SSL is turned on.