Sharing

Ben Levitan LLC
I'm still going nuts.  This should be easy.
I want to simply share a database with people (less than 5) who don't have FM.  Built in FMA 11 and it's worked for years. Need to share it.

I put the solution IWP solution on Triple8 but I can't access it.  It's there but can't be accessed.  I did get some support but it's still not working.

Can I simply create a Kiosk version of the database and put it on my server? (GoDaddy)

What is the simplest way to share this solution?

Ben

sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Re: Sharing

Patrick Neame
I would take the IWP route and from memory there are some permissions that need to be set from the File menu. But I can't remember which sub menu it is (>sharing???). You might also need to check everybody has a privilege set that allows access via IWP.

I hope that helps but, as I say, it's all from memory.

By the way, I'd actually take the web direct route.

Patrick Neame

> On 12 Jul 2017, at 8:26 pm, Ben Levitan LLC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm still going nuts.  This should be easy.
> I want to simply share a database with people (less than 5) who don't have FM.  Built in FMA 11 and it's worked for years. Need to share it.
>

> I put the solution IWP solution on Triple8 but I can't access it.  It's there but can't be accessed.  I did get some support but it's still not working.
>

> Can I simply create a Kiosk version of the database and put it on my server? (GoDaddy)
>

> What is the simplest way to share this solution?
>

> Ben
>

> sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Re: Sharing

Ben Levitan LLC
Is that in FM16?

By the way, I'd actually take the web direct route.

BTW.  I just bought FMA 15.  Is there a big improvement in 16 that makes it worth upgrading?

Ben Levitan
Wireless Cellular Telecommunications Expert
Consulting and Expert Witness Services
www.BenLevitan.com
919/420-0924
[hidden email]
skype:BenLevitan
Did Obama wiretap Trump?  https://benlevitan.wordpress.com/
Stop Texting and Driving - US Patent 8,868,081
Historical Cell Phone Analysis - www.BenLevitan.com/meta

sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

I would take the IWP route and from memory there are some permissions that need to be set from the File menu. But I can't remember which sub menu it is (>sharing???). You might also need to check everybody has a privilege set that allows access via IWP.

I hope that helps but, as I say, it's all from memory.

By the way, I'd actually take the web direct route.

Patrick Neame

> On 12 Jul 2017, at 8:26 pm, Ben Levitan LLC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm still going nuts.  This should be easy.
> I want to simply share a database with people (less than 5) who don't have FM.  Built in FMA 11 and it's worked for years. Need to share it.
>

> I put the solution IWP solution on Triple8 but I can't access it.  It's there but can't be accessed.  I did get some support but it's still not working.
>

> Can I simply create a Kiosk version of the database and put it on my server? (GoDaddy)
>

> What is the simplest way to share this solution?
>

> Ben
>

> sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Re: Sharing

tim ballering-2
16 is definitely worth the upgrade if you talk to outside data sources using REST or consume JSON data.  16 also has the card windows, setting file references by variable and some new design tools.

There is a free upgrade path for those that recently purchased fmp 15 after April 9th

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16468/~/filemaker-16-new-release-special-offer

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 3:40 PM, Ben Levitan LLC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is that in FM16?
>
> By the way, I'd actually take the web direct route.
>

> BTW.  I just bought FMA 15.  Is there a big improvement in 16 that makes it worth upgrading?
>

> Ben Levitan
> Wireless Cellular Telecommunications Expert
> Consulting and Expert Witness Services
> www.BenLevitan.com
> 919/420-0924
> [hidden email]
> skype:BenLevitan
> Did Obama wiretap Trump?  https://benlevitan.wordpress.com/
> Stop Texting and Driving - US Patent 8,868,081
> Historical Cell Phone Analysis - www.BenLevitan.com/meta
>

> sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Thanks, Tim.  Looks like I just missed the freebie dates.

Ben L