Re: Database Synchronization

revDAVE
On 5/16/05 12:22 PM, "Jonathan Fletcher" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Read my lips: SyncDek.
>
> <http://www.syncdek.com/syncdek/>

Ok -  That looks pretty cool ... Should I gather that attempting to perform
synchronization functions by writing my own code would be a  pretty daunting
task and much easier to purchase syncdek?

- has anyone else attempted writing their own synchronization code?

--
Thanks - RevDave
[hidden email]

Re: Database Synchronization

Jonathan Fletcher
On May 20, 2005, at 11:55 AM, revDAVE wrote:

> On 5/16/05 12:22 PM, "Jonathan Fletcher" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Read my lips: SyncDek.
>>
>> <http://www.syncdek.com/syncdek/>
>

> Ok -  That looks pretty cool ... Should I gather that attempting to
> perform
> synchronization functions by writing my own code would be a  pretty
> daunting
> task and much easier to purchase syncdek?
>
> - has anyone else attempted writing their own synchronization code?
>
> --
> Thanks - RevDave
> [hidden email]

Unless your solution is pretty simple I would think that writing your
own synchronization and getting it to work in all the possible
circumstances that it could be used would be pretty daunting. Sit down
to a pad of paper and try to outline all the parameters and see how
much work you are setting yourself up for.

--
Jonathan Fletcher

Re: Database Synchronization

Chris Kubica, PMP
I know a guy who does all his syncing using e-mail. Pretty cool stuff...

Sincerely,

Chris Kubica

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer

President, Founder