RESTfm and Server 16

Jonathan Fletcher-2
Is anyone using RESTfm with Server 16?

A client of mine spun up a 16 server as a development host to complement our Server 15 production machine. I reinstalled RESTfm the same way (both machines are 2012 R2 standard) and copied over the ones we had modified.

It now refuses to cooperate with the token mechanism that we set up to supply the web app that is calling it. Nick set me up with a mechanism to write a token file into the server document folder. I heard on one of the forums that CWP-called scripts can’t access the file system. Am I understanding this correctly? Nick is probably already on a plane to Phoenix or is too busy and unable to respond to me, so I am turning to my band of experts.

Is anyone else running CWP to Server 16 and can shed light on this issue?

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Re: RESTfm and Server 16

tim ballering-2
Have you enable the FMURLSCRIPT extended privileges?

Tim Ballering
[hidden email]

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 7:50 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is anyone using RESTfm with Server 16?
>
> A client of mine spun up a 16 server as a development host to complement our Server 15 production machine. I reinstalled RESTfm the same way (both machines are 2012 R2 standard) and copied over the ones we had modified.
>
> It now refuses to cooperate with the token mechanism that we set up to supply the web app that is calling it. Nick set me up with a mechanism to write a token file into the server document folder. I heard on one of the forums that CWP-called scripts can’t access the file system. Am I understanding this correctly? Nick is probably already on a plane to Phoenix or is too busy and unable to respond to me, so I am turning to my band of experts.
>
> Is anyone else running CWP to Server 16 and can shed light on this issue?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Jonathan Fletcher
> [hidden email]
>
> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
> Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Re: RESTfm and Server 16

Jonathan Fletcher-2
Good answer, Tim, but yes, I did.

The script appears to run, but it does not write the file to FMserver's Documents folder. It’s Windows server, so no privileges issue, like it was when it was running on a Mac server. I’m leaning toward believing the scuttlebutt that FMI turned it off without telling anybody about it.

I would absolutely LOVE to be proved wrong, though.

Please, I can take it.

j.

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have you enable the FMURLSCRIPT extended privileges?
>
> Tim Ballering
> [hidden email]
>

>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 7:50 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone using RESTfm with Server 16?
>>
>> A client of mine spun up a 16 server as a development host to complement our Server 15 production machine. I reinstalled RESTfm the same way (both machines are 2012 R2 standard) and copied over the ones we had modified.
>>
>> It now refuses to cooperate with the token mechanism that we set up to supply the web app that is calling it. Nick set me up with a mechanism to write a token file into the server document folder. I heard on one of the forums that CWP-called scripts can’t access the file system. Am I understanding this correctly? Nick is probably already on a plane to Phoenix or is too busy and unable to respond to me, so I am turning to my band of experts.
>>
>> Is anyone else running CWP to Server 16 and can shed light on this issue?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Fletcher
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
>> Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Re: RESTfm and Server 16

Beverly Voth-3
This thread?:
* https://community.filemaker.com/message/683503#683503

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 11:22 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good answer, Tim, but yes, I did.
>
> The script appears to run, but it does not write the file to FMserver's Documents folder. It’s Windows server, so no privileges issue, like it was when it was running on a Mac server. I’m leaning toward believing the scuttlebutt that FMI turned it off without telling anybody about it.
>
> I would absolutely LOVE to be proved wrong, though.
>
> Please, I can take it.
>
> j.
>

>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you enable the FMURLSCRIPT extended privileges?
>>
>> Tim Ballering
>> [hidden email]
>>

>>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 7:50 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is anyone using RESTfm with Server 16?
>>>
>>> A client of mine spun up a 16 server as a development host to complement our Server 15 production machine. I reinstalled RESTfm the same way (both machines are 2012 R2 standard) and copied over the ones we had modified.
>>>
>>> It now refuses to cooperate with the token mechanism that we set up to supply the web app that is calling it. Nick set me up with a mechanism to write a token file into the server document folder. I heard on one of the forums that CWP-called scripts can’t access the file system. Am I understanding this correctly? Nick is probably already on a plane to Phoenix or is too busy and unable to respond to me, so I am turning to my band of experts.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else running CWP to Server 16 and can shed light on this issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jonathan Fletcher
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
>>> Next Meeting: 7/25/17

> Jonathan Fletcher
> [hidden email]
>
> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
> Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Re: RESTfm and Server 16

Jonathan Fletcher-2
I didn’t see that one, but I think it was David J. who mentioned it elsewhere. I think it was on the SLUG Slack.

Thanks!

This really smells like that great compost that comes from chicken farms.

Jonathan

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:35 PM, BEVERLY VOTH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This thread?:
> * https://community.filemaker.com/message/683503#683503
>
>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 11:22 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Good answer, Tim, but yes, I did.
>>
>> The script appears to run, but it does not write the file to FMserver's Documents folder. It’s Windows server, so no privileges issue, like it was when it was running on a Mac server. I’m leaning toward believing the scuttlebutt that FMI turned it off without telling anybody about it.
>>
>> I would absolutely LOVE to be proved wrong, though.
>>
>> Please, I can take it.
>>
>> j.
>>

>>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you enable the FMURLSCRIPT extended privileges?
>>>
>>> Tim Ballering
>>> [hidden email]

>> --
>> Jonathan Fletcher
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
>> Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 7/25/17

Re: RESTfm and Server 16

Jon Rosen
Good catch, Bev! Is FMI deprecating CWP one paper cut at a time?

Jon