Question about Single Sign On with a Mac environment to a Windows FMServer

Question about Single Sign On with a Mac environment to a Windows FMServer

Stephen Wonfor-3
Hi

The title of this post pretty much says it all.
The client environment is 95% OSX and 5% Windows.  FMP 16.
The server will be FMS16 running on Windows Server 2012 etc.

Is single sign-on possible for all the users if we allow “Filemaker and External Server Accounts”?

Stephen

----

Drachenfutter (German) – A type of gift German husbands bestow on their wives “when they’ve (the husband) stayed out late or they have otherwise engaged in some kind of inappropriate behavior” – gifts like chocolates or flowers or a nice bottle of perfume. (Literally translated as dragon's food.)

Re: Question about Single Sign On with a Mac environment to a Windows FMServer

Egon
Yes, if you configure the server to talk to the Windows Server it will use the server authentication.

J. Hall

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 3:35 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> The title of this post pretty much says it all.
> The client environment is 95% OSX and 5% Windows.  FMP 16.
> The server will be FMS16 running on Windows Server 2012 etc.
>
> Is single sign-on possible for all the users if we allow “Filemaker and External Server Accounts”?
>
> Stephen
>
> ----
>
> Drachenfutter (German) – A type of gift German husbands bestow on their wives “when they’ve (the husband) stayed out late or they have otherwise engaged in some kind of inappropriate behavior” – gifts like chocolates or flowers or a nice bottle of perfume. (Literally translated as dragon's food.)

Re: Question about Single Sign On with a Mac environment to a Windows FMServer

Stephen Wonfor-3
J.

Excellent.  Thanks.

Stephen

----------

"I am as drunk as a lord, but then, I am one, so what does it matter ?"    — Lord Bertrand Russell

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 2:45 PM, J. Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, if you configure the server to talk to the Windows Server it will use the server authentication.
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email]
> 713-409-0554
>
>> On Mar 13, 2018, at 3:35 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> The title of this post pretty much says it all.
>> The client environment is 95% OSX and 5% Windows.  FMP 16.
>> The server will be FMS16 running on Windows Server 2012 etc.
>>
>> Is single sign-on possible for all the users if we allow “Filemaker and External Server Accounts”?
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Drachenfutter (German) – A type of gift German husbands bestow on their wives “when they’ve (the husband) stayed out late or they have otherwise engaged in some kind of inappropriate behavior” – gifts like chocolates or flowers or a nice bottle of perfume. (Literally translated as dragon's food.)

Re: Question about Single Sign On with a Mac environment to a Windows FMServer

Mike Duncan
External Authentication works, but SSO (single sign on) is different, and
only supported on Windows clients.