Problems with FMPA 16 and AppleScript

debt
        I have a script that includes an AppleScript that drills a tunnel via SSH in Terminal to a remote server.  When I run it under 16, I now get a dialog box that states “A privilege violation occurred.”  Then a second box with “Unknown error: -10004”.  After dismissing those boxes, the script continues.  I read somewhere that FMP is getting more strict with these things, but I can’t find where to turn off those warnings.  My searches have been fruitless.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: Problems with FMPA 16 and AppleScript

Jimmy D. Jones
It's a Privileges violation so look in the Security settings. You should see several new Extended Privileges.

You need to add that one to any Privilege Sets that are going to use the AppleScript.

___________
The opinions expressed in this email are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or anyone else.
Regards,
Ch0c0halic, FileMaker 14 Certified Developer
FileMaker Developer Conference 2017
July 24-26, 2017 • JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ
http://www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon/index.html

> On May 11, 2017, at 5:23 PM, debt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a script that includes an AppleScript that drills a tunnel via SSH in Terminal to a remote server.  When I run it under 16, I now get a dialog box that states “A privilege violation occurred.”  Then a second box with “Unknown error: -10004”.  After dismissing those boxes, the script continues.  I read somewhere that FMP is getting more strict with these things, but I can’t find where to turn off those warnings.  My searches have been fruitless.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Re: Problems with FMPA 16 and AppleScript

debt
> It's a Privileges violation so look in the Security settings. You should see several new Extended Privileges.

        Thanks, Jimmy.  Are you referring to Manage->Security…?  I got into those and checked all the boxes in Extended Privileges and even restarted FMPA but no luck.

> You need to add that one to any Privilege Sets that are going to use the AppleScript.

        Is the “Allow Apple events and ActiveX to perform FileMaker operations” the one you’re talking about?

        Under the Extended Privileges area it says “To add, edit, or delete Extended Privileges, use the tools in the Extended Privileges tab.”  I don’t see a tab, so is that referring to another screen or just to the box above?

        I even gave the Guest account full privileges but I’m still getting those dialog boxes.  I’m stumped.

Thanks,
Frank

BTW, is there a pdf I can download on that explains 16 in more detail?

Re: Problems with FMPA 16 and AppleScript

Jimmy D. Jones
Yes, Manage Security.

From your description I think you are viewing the Basic setup screen.
Click an account that has the Privilege set you need to change. I'd adjust all that are in use.
Click the "Edit…" button to the right of the "Privilege Set: "
Click the Checkbox next to "Allow Apple Events and ActiveX…"
Do the next Privilege set.
Save all changes.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16248

___________
The opinions expressed in this email are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or anyone else.
Regards,
Ch0c0halic, FileMaker 14 Certified Developer
FileMaker Developer Conference 2017
July 24-26, 2017 • JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ
http://www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon/index.html

> On May 11, 2017, at 6:52 PM, debt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It's a Privileges violation so look in the Security settings. You should see several new Extended Privileges.
>
> Thanks, Jimmy.  Are you referring to Manage->Security…?  I got into those and checked all the boxes in Extended Privileges and even restarted FMPA but no luck.
>
>> You need to add that one to any Privilege Sets that are going to use the AppleScript.
>
> Is the “Allow Apple events and ActiveX to perform FileMaker operations” the one you’re talking about?
>
> Under the Extended Privileges area it says “To add, edit, or delete Extended Privileges, use the tools in the Extended Privileges tab.”  I don’t see a tab, so is that referring to another screen or just to the box above?
>
> I even gave the Guest account full privileges but I’m still getting those dialog boxes.  I’m stumped.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
>
> BTW, is there a pdf I can download on that explains 16 in more detail?

Re: Problems with FMPA 16 and AppleScript [Solved]

debt
        I found the problem.  I was adjusting the privilege set in the main file, thinking that it was a global setting.  But once I thought to adjust the setting in the file with the AppleScript, everything works as it should.  Talk about frustrating.  8:45 PM - time to call it quits for the day.

        Thanks for the help, Jimmy.

Frank