Problem with Android and Web Direct

Patrick Neame
Hello all,

FMS 14 with shared hosting, one user reporting a problem with her phone running Chrome 59 on Android 6.0.1 when using Web Direct. This user only uses Web Direct to get onto our system.

When our users start up a Web Direct session they are taken to a log in view to enter their name and password. This particular user can get onto the system without any problem on her PC. However when she uses her Android phone whatever text she enters into the password field deletes itself when she clicks Enter. She then gets an error messages about an incorrect password.

The password field that the users see is a bullets field (not the native FM feature) that converts text to bullets and sends the text entered to the gActualPassword field using an OnObjectModify script. But  I have even put the gAchualPassword field on the relevant layout for her and, while the text doesn’t delete itself, she still getting the password error message.

For what it’s worth her user name and password work on my iPhone and iPad but that doesn’t help us much.

I don’t know if anyone else using Android phones is having this problem.

I’m pretty flummoxed and could do with some pointers please.

Patrick Neame

Re: Problem with Android and Web Direct

Manjit Behera
Hi Patrick,

1st do add few codes to the logging script where you will show the
password enter by user into a dialog box just after user hit the ENTER
button/key and view the password enter by android user and verify what
exactly missing or it's simply empty. From here you can confirm that
it's the trigger which is not able to pass the data correctly.

In webdirect the field trigger specially 'OnObjectModify' is not working
fine like the Filemmaker Pro. The trigger is invoke if you enter some
data into the entry field, exit from the field and then again go and try
to enter/modify the data inside the field then only the trigger get run
in case of WEBDIRECT. So take a trial by following this approach, if you
are successful then try to use 'OnObjectValidate' or 'OnObjectSave' for
the WEBDIRECT access.

Regards,
Manjit

--

Manjit Behera
Software Developer, Mindfire Solutions, India

FileMaker 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer

On 6/24/2017 4:39 PM, Patrick Neame wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> FMS 14 with shared hosting, one user reporting a problem with her phone running Chrome 59 on Android 6.0.1 when using Web Direct. This user only uses Web Direct to get onto our system.
>
> When our users start up a Web Direct session they are taken to a log in view to enter their name and password. This particular user can get onto the system without any problem on her PC. However when she uses her Android phone whatever text she enters into the password field deletes itself when she clicks Enter. She then gets an error messages about an incorrect password.
>
> The password field that the users see is a bullets field (not the native FM feature) that converts text to bullets and sends the text entered to the gActualPassword field using an OnObjectModify script. But  I have even put the gAchualPassword field on the relevant layout for her and, while the text doesn’t delete itself, she still getting the password error message.
>
> For what it’s worth her user name and password work on my iPhone and iPad but that doesn’t help us much.
>
> I don’t know if anyone else using Android phones is having this problem.
>
> I’m pretty flummoxed and could do with some pointers please.
>

> Patrick Neame
Manjit Behera
Software Developer, Mindfire Solutions, India
http://www.mindfiresolutions.com
email:manjitb@mindfiresolutions.com
Skype: mfsi_manjitb
FileMaker11 & 12 Certified Developer