Printing - keeping stuff together

James Thomas-9
Hi,

I'm printing a long document that has two sub summary parts followed by a
body part (after the heading stuff). Is there any way to prevent a sub
summary item from being the last thing on a page, i.e. appearing without
any of its associated data? This means making sure it goes to the top of
the next page. I don't mind if there is some extra white space at the
bottom of the pages.

FMP 11 Advanced.

Thanks

James

--

James Thomas
60200 Brno

Re: Printing - keeping stuff together

JClose
Yes - create a new subsummary part, have it show 'below'.  Set it to show up when sorted by some particular field probably the same field as used on your current sub-summary, so that it shows up at the same times.  Configure it with "break after 'n' occurrences", and set n=1.  This way you will get a new page for every subsummary part.

-- Justin

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 04:59, James Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm printing a long document that has two sub summary parts followed by a
> body part (after the heading stuff). Is there any way to prevent a sub
> summary item from being the last thing on a page, i.e. appearing without
> any of its associated data? This means making sure it goes to the top of
> the next page. I don't mind if there is some extra white space at the
> bottom of the pages.
>
> FMP 11 Advanced.
>

> Thanks
>

> James
>

> --
>
> James Thomas
> 60200 Brno
> Czech Republic
> Tel +420 5155 486 40

Re: Printing - keeping stuff together

Kevin Frank
Apology for not reading the thread completely; I'm at Devcon and a bit sleep deprived... perhaps this can help?

https://filemakerhacks.com/2015/01/21/non-breaking-reporting-groups/