Print to PDF clipping

LauraZ.
Hi All,

I have a client who produces a multipage PDF of
profile photos for printing, from the FileMaker
database I developed. The file lives on my
FMServer 15, but has been around through upgrades.
There are lots of other PDF's that come out of the
database just fine for her, but this one clips on
the left for her - not for me! She and I have
tested on the same versions of software, and using
manual workarounds to produce the PDF, and hers is
always clipped. Any ideas what might cause that?

Thank you,

Laura Z.

Re: Print to PDF clipping

Jonathan Fletcher-2
Do they print through a script, or just hit command- (or control-) P? If in a script you can replace the print setup and print script steps and have it recreate those settings on her computer. Also, she might want to try a different printer, or even a different computer.

> On May 17, 2017, at 3:31 PM, Helping Hand Database Design <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who produces a multipage PDF of
> profile photos for printing, from the FileMaker
> database I developed. The file lives on my
> FMServer 15, but has been around through upgrades.
> There are lots of other PDF's that come out of the
> database just fine for her, but this one clips on
> the left for her - not for me! She and I have
> tested on the same versions of software, and using
> manual workarounds to produce the PDF, and hers is
> always clipped. Any ideas what might cause that?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Laura Z.

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: Re: Print to PDF clipping

LauraZ.
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we did check all
the possible ways to print beyond the script, and
she always ends up the same. I think you are right
that it must be her printer settings somehow, but
short of going onsite, or having her get into the
behind the scenes workings, I don't know how I can
get her settings into the script.

Do you have an idea for how that might be done by
any chance?

A different computer should work, but has to also
have FM on it. I will look into that avenue too.

Thank you again,

Laura Z.

Laura Zantzinger, Owner/Senior Database Architect
Helping Hand Database Design

[hidden email]
(877) 538-2088

PO Box 276
Barnard, VT 05031

Ongoing Memberships:
FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) Partner
FileMaker Developer Subscriber (FDS)
FileMaker Technical Network (TechNet)
Better Business Bureau (A+ Rating)

Insured

---- On Wed, 17 May 2017, Jonathan Fletcher

Database Design  wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who produces a multipage PDF of
> profile photos for printing, from the FileMaker
> database I developed. The file lives on my
> FMServer 15, but has been around through
upgrades.
> There are lots of other PDF's that come out of
the
> database just fine for her, but this one clips
on
> the left for her - not for me! She and I have
> tested on the same versions of software, and
using
> manual workarounds to produce the PDF, and hers
is
> always clipped. Any ideas what might cause that?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Laura Z.

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: Print to PDF clipping

tony_white_L1@twdesigns.com
Hi Laura Z.

This thread might (or might not) be helpful:

Left margin cut off when upgrading from 13v1 to... |FileMaker Community
https://community.filemaker.com/message/576788#576788

[begin excerpt]
This has not been resolved in FileMaker 15.  This is a Mac only issue, and
the workaround is to select the specific printer.
[end excerpt]

Tony White
http://www.twdesigns.com
http://FileMaker-Fanatics.com