Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Stephen Wonfor-3
Hi

FMP 15 on OSX 10.11.
One particular machine out of 3 that use payment processing.
360Works Plastic Plugin sometimes gets turned off in FMP Preferences.  Twice so far.
Then we get a plugin failure in the scripted payment process.
I have never had a plugin "disable itself” before.
I do not suspect the users, as it was news to them that plugins could be controlled at all.

Stephen

----

Ilunga (Bantu): - a person willing to forgive abuse the first time, tolerate it the second but never a third time.

Re: Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
I had a similar experience yesterday with the plastic plug-in on filemaker 15 on the windows seven professional OS. I had to reboot the computer and everything went back to normal.

Live life in excellence
- sent from my 1995 Motorola Power PAK bag phone

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:56 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> FMP 15 on OSX 10.11.
> One particular machine out of 3 that use payment processing.
> 360Works Plastic Plugin sometimes gets turned off in FMP Preferences.  Twice so far.
> Then we get a plugin failure in the scripted payment process.
> I have never had a plugin "disable itself” before.
> I do not suspect the users, as it was news to them that plugins could be controlled at all.
>
> Stephen
>
> ----
>
> Ilunga (Bantu): - a person willing to forgive abuse the first time, tolerate it the second but never a third time.

Re: Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Stephen Wonfor-3
John

Tomorrow, when at client site, I am going to pull the 360Works log files and send them off to the devs to see if they pick up anything there.  I’ll post any results - interesting that this odd little issue seems to be XPlat.

Stephen

----------

"Any and all references to beavers in this or related documents by no means indicate that beavers are nice acknowledges this fact. Any and all references to beavers in this or related documents by no means indicate that beavers are nice animals. Beavers are gruesome beasts which must be eradicated as dictated by The Giraffes. The author of the document referencing this disclaimer acknowledges this fact." ---Dr. Jørgen Mash

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 5:16 PM, Jonn Howell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I had a similar experience yesterday with the plastic plug-in on filemaker 15 on the windows seven professional OS. I had to reboot the computer and everything went back to normal.
>
> Live life in excellence
> - sent from my 1995 Motorola Power PAK bag phone
>
>> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:56 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> FMP 15 on OSX 10.11.
>> One particular machine out of 3 that use payment processing.
>> 360Works Plastic Plugin sometimes gets turned off in FMP Preferences.  Twice so far.
>> Then we get a plugin failure in the scripted payment process.
>> I have never had a plugin "disable itself” before.
>> I do not suspect the users, as it was news to them that plugins could be controlled at all.
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Ilunga (Bantu): - a person willing to forgive abuse the first time, tolerate it the second but never a third time.

RE: Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
Stephen,

Please advise us of any insight.

Thanks,

Jonn

Jonn Howell
DataExperience, Inc.
Certified FileMaker Developer
dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
[hidden email]
www.dataexperience.com
www.youtube.com/dataexperience

Tomorrow, when at client site, I am going to pull the 360Works log files and send them off to the devs to see if they pick up anything there.  I’ll post any results - interesting that this odd little issue seems to be XPlat.

Stephen

----------

"Any and all references to beavers in this or related documents by no means indicate that beavers are nice acknowledges this fact. Any and all references to beavers in this or related documents by no means indicate that beavers are nice animals. Beavers are gruesome beasts which must be eradicated as dictated by The Giraffes. The author of the document referencing this disclaimer acknowledges this fact." ---Dr. Jørgen Mash

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 5:16 PM, Jonn Howell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I had a similar experience yesterday with the plastic plug-in on filemaker 15 on the windows seven professional OS. I had to reboot the computer and everything went back to normal.
>
> Live life in excellence
> - sent from my 1995 Motorola Power PAK bag phone
>
>> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:56 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> FMP 15 on OSX 10.11.
>> One particular machine out of 3 that use payment processing.
>> 360Works Plastic Plugin sometimes gets turned off in FMP Preferences.  Twice so far.
>> Then we get a plugin failure in the scripted payment process.
>> I have never had a plugin "disable itself” before.
>> I do not suspect the users, as it was news to them that plugins could be controlled at all.
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Ilunga (Bantu): - a person willing to forgive abuse the first time, tolerate it the second but never a third time.

Re: Plugin Gets Unchecked In FMP Preferences

Stephen Wonfor-3
Jonn

Absolutely.

Stephen

------

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." ---Woody Allen