PHP command to restart a FM Server machine?

PHP command to restart a FM Server machine?

Bob Patin
Does anyone know a way to write a PHP script that could restart a FM Server (given proper credentials of course)? Perhaps trigger a saved shell script stored on the server?

Thanks,

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: [hidden email]
Twitter: bobpatin

FileMaker Consulting

Re: PHP command to restart a FM Server machine?

Gary Davis (new)
Hey Bob,

These may help:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.shell-exec.php
http://php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php

Gary Davis
Alchemy Consulting Group, LLC
[hidden email]
www.alchemyg.com <http://www.alchemyg.com/> • 888-663-6382

> On May 22, 2017, at 2:08 PM, Bob Patin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know a way to write a PHP script that could restart a FM Server (given proper credentials of course)? Perhaps trigger a saved shell script stored on the server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Patin
> Longterm Solutions
> [hidden email]
> 615-333-6858
> FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
> -
> iChat: [hidden email]
> Twitter: bobpatin
> —
> FileMaker Consulting
> FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker
> PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting

Re: PHP command to restart a FM Server machine?

Bob Patin
Thanks Gary; I don’t suppose you know shell scripting and want to write a little shell script for me (for a fee of course)?

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: [hidden email]
Twitter: bobpatin

FileMaker Consulting

> On May 22, 2017, at 4:47 PM, Gary Davis (new) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Bob,
>
> These may help:
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.shell-exec.php
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php
>

> Gary Davis
> Alchemy Consulting Group, LLC
> [hidden email]
> www.alchemyg.com <http://www.alchemyg.com/> • 888-663-6382
>

>> On May 22, 2017, at 2:08 PM, Bob Patin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know a way to write a PHP script that could restart a FM Server (given proper credentials of course)? Perhaps trigger a saved shell script stored on the server?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bob Patin
>> Longterm Solutions
>> [hidden email]
>> 615-333-6858
>> FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
>> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
>> -
>> iChat: [hidden email]
>> Twitter: bobpatin
>> —
>> FileMaker Consulting
>> FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker
>> PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting

Re: PHP command to restart a FM Server machine?

Mike Duncan
This won't be practical, at least on a windows server, because you would
need to elevate the privileges of the php.exe to allow it to execute OS
level scripts. That is not recommended. On OS X, your shell script might
looks like:

shutdown -r now

Of course, that assumes you are wanting to bootstrap the entire machine. Is
that what you're looking to do or just use the fmsadmin command line?

Mike