[OSX - Off] JKL No more - you may never need this but...

[OSX - Off] JKL No more - you may never need this but...

Stephen Wonfor-3
Hi

MacBook Pro OSX 10.12.6.
System Preferences —> Accessibility—>Mouse and Trackpad—>Enable Mouse Keys

This disables the “789uiojklm.” region of the laptop keyboard and on a Bluetooth Magic Keyboard.
Though not on a USB connected keyboard.  This only was revealed once my account settings were loaded - my password has  a “j” in it so I could log into the account after startup but could not make any system changes as the “j” was no longer available once I was logged in.

This was a very interesting 60 minute phone session with a persistent Apple Support tech.

Stephen

---

Yakamoz: A Turkish word for the reflection of moonlight on water.

Re: [OSX - Off] JKL No more - you may never need this but...

Beatrice Beaubien
Thanks for sharing!

Pisan zapra: (Malay) The time needed to eat a banana. — Courtesy Stephen Wonfor