Migration from FMP 13 to 16

David Cromer-4
Is it possible to directly migrate a solution from FMP 13 to version 16?

Thank you

--
David Cromer
Principal

--

The Mission Valley School District, USD 330, does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its

Bill Clark, Superintendent

            Mission Valley, USD 330

            511 East 2nd Avenue, PO Box 158

            Eskridge, Kansas 66423

            Phone: 785-449-2282, 866-557-6686

            Fax: 785-409-6216

For further information about anti-discrimination laws and regulations, or
to file a complaint of discrimination with the Office for Civil Rights in
the U.S. Department of Education, please contact OCR at  (816) 268-0550
(voice), or (877) 521-2172 (telecommunications device for the deaf), or
[hidden email].]

Re: Migration from FMP 13 to 16

Larry Heuvelman
As with any upgrade (new release), wait a month or so until there are one or two updates, then it should be fine.

Larry

Larry Heuvelman, CR, CGR, ROI
President

www.TheOwnerConsultant.com <http://www.theownerconsultant.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is the sender's private and confidential property, and is intended solely for the receipt, use, benefit, and information of the recipient indicated above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Failure to do so, and any review, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and may result in legal liability on your part. We believe that this email message is free of any virus or other defect. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is virus free and the sender accepts no liability for any loss or damage.

> On May 18, 2017, at 2:49 PM, David Cromer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to directly migrate a solution from FMP 13 to version 16?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> David Cromer
> Principal
> Mission Valley HS
> USD 330
>
> --
>

> The Mission Valley School District, USD 330, does not discriminate on the
> basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its
> programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and
> other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to
> handle inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies
> including requests for accommodations or access to a District facility to
> participate in a program, activity, or service:
>
> Bill Clark, Superintendent
>
>            Mission Valley, USD 330
>
>            511 East 2nd Avenue, PO Box 158
>
>            Eskridge, Kansas 66423
>
>            Phone: 785-449-2282, 866-557-6686
>
>            Fax: 785-409-6216
>
> For further information about anti-discrimination laws and regulations, or
> to file a complaint of discrimination with the Office for Civil Rights in
> the U.S. Department of Education, please contact OCR at  (816) 268-0550
> (voice), or (877) 521-2172 (telecommunications device for the deaf), or
> [hidden email].]

Re: Migration from FMP 13 to 16

David

Since both are .fmp12 format there is no actual migration.  The file will simply work.  Some diligence is needed however as there are some “bugs” - one I have seen reported involves record deletion and portals record deletion.  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16465/related/1

Stephen

---

 “The problem with using C++ … is that there’s already a strong tendency in the language to require you to know everything before you can do anything.”  ---- Larry Wall (developer of the Perl language)

> On May 18, 2017, at 1:49 PM, David Cromer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to directly migrate a solution from FMP 13 to version 16?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> David Cromer
> Principal
> Mission Valley HS
> USD 330
>
> --
>

> The Mission Valley School District, USD 330, does not discriminate on the
> basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its
> programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and
> other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to
> handle inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies
> including requests for accommodations or access to a District facility to
> participate in a program, activity, or service:
>
> Bill Clark, Superintendent
>
>            Mission Valley, USD 330
>
>            511 East 2nd Avenue, PO Box 158
>
>            Eskridge, Kansas 66423
>
>            Phone: 785-449-2282, 866-557-6686
>
>            Fax: 785-409-6216
>
> For further information about anti-discrimination laws and regulations, or
> to file a complaint of discrimination with the Office for Civil Rights in
> the U.S. Department of Education, please contact OCR at  (816) 268-0550
> (voice), or (877) 521-2172 (telecommunications device for the deaf), or
> [hidden email].]

Re: Migration from FMP 13 to 16

Dan Kelly-2
Yes just open it up