IWP

Kirk Larson-2
I'm on FM 12 Server - doing an IWP project.

Does anyone have a slick way to do an sub-summary type report in IWP?

Kirk Larson
Custom FileMaker Developer

Re: IWP

Patrick Neame
I’ve been searching the old memory bank on this one but can’t remember if I ever achieved it or not. Perhaps you could supply a bit more detail, privately if you like, and I’ll have a think.

Patrick Neame

> On 3 May 2017, at 12:40, Kirk Larson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm on FM 12 Server - doing an IWP project.
>
> Does anyone have a slick way to do an sub-summary type report in IWP?
>
> Kirk Larson
> Custom FileMaker Developer
>
> 208-412-6498

Re: IWP

Beverly Voth-3
the problem with IWP was the old 25 record/row limit. I can't remember when that changed. I also don't remember how sub-summaries played with the limitations or if I even used them.

Maybe the old documentation helps?
* http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/documentation_archive.html
> Dynamic subsummary parts do not appear in Instant Web Publishing.
I don't know what that means "dynamic".
> Web users can view only 25 records at a time in List View and only 50 records at a time in Table View. They must use the navigation controls in the status area to see additional records. FileMaker Pro users can see all records at one time in List View and Table View.

beverly

> On May 3, 2017, at 7:40 AM, Kirk Larson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm on FM 12 Server - doing an IWP project.
>
> Does anyone have a slick way to do an sub-summary type report in IWP?
>
> Kirk Larson
> Custom FileMaker Developer
>
> 208-412-6498

RE: IWP

Kirk Larson-2
Thank you Beverly,

I'll look it up.

I have a sub summary in the report now, and it does not render on the web.

Kirk

the problem with IWP was the old 25 record/row limit. I can't remember when that changed. I also don't remember how sub-summaries played with the limitations or if I even used them.

Maybe the old documentation helps?
* http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/documentation_archive.html
> Dynamic subsummary parts do not appear in Instant Web Publishing.
I don't know what that means "dynamic".
> Web users can view only 25 records at a time in List View and only 50 records at a time in Table View. They must use the navigation controls in the status area to see additional records. FileMaker Pro users can see all records at one time in List View and Table View.

beverly

> On May 3, 2017, at 7:40 AM, Kirk Larson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm on FM 12 Server - doing an IWP project.
>
> Does anyone have a slick way to do an sub-summary type report in IWP?
>
> Kirk Larson
> Custom FileMaker Developer
>
> 208-412-6498

Re: IWP

James Ramsey
The closest I ever got was using a portal (no 25 row limit) with a virtual list (displays whatever rows I tell it to display), and some significant calculated formatting (NOT conditional formatting).

I could generate nice section breaks, some sub-summary totals, etc.  The only thing that didn't work well was printing.

Best I got.  :-)
Dave Ramsey

> On May 4, 2017, at 7:11 PM, Kirk Larson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Beverly,
>
> I'll look it up.
>
> I have a sub summary in the report now, and it does not render on the web.
>
> Kirk

Re: IWP

Beverly Voth-3
Yes! that sounds like what I did. Portal scroll with no record limit. And Yes on the serious calculations to display records and "summaries". IWP did not 'do' conditional. :)
Thanks, Dave.
beverly

> On May 4, 2017, at 7:41 PM, James David Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The closest I ever got was using a portal (no 25 row limit) with a virtual list (displays whatever rows I tell it to display), and some significant calculated formatting (NOT conditional formatting).
>
> I could generate nice section breaks, some sub-summary totals, etc.  The only thing that didn't work well was printing.
>
> Best I got.  :-)
> Dave Ramsey
>

>> On May 4, 2017, at 7:11 PM, Kirk Larson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Beverly,
>>
>> I'll look it up.
>>
>> I have a sub summary in the report now, and it does not render on the web.
>>
>> Kirk

Re: IWP

Tom Fitch
For something not too complex, keep in mind that the limit is 25 per
portal, not per layout. One time I had to display a pick list of 50
cities, so I put 25 in global field A, and 25 in global field B, set
up a relationship from each field to the city table and put the 2
portals side by side. How proud of myself I was that day.

For complex reports, a technique I've used is to loop through the
records and build HTML tables. Then display results in a web viewer
using "data:text/html," & $$data.

Tom Fitch
FileMaker Pro Certified Developer
Portland, Oregon