How to prevent record duplication?

Hans J. Gunnarsson
I have a custom menu in place.

What do I need to do to prevent users of the solution from duplicating records from menu and by using cmd/ctrl-D?

TIA
Hans

Re: How to prevent record duplication?

wrwaugh
You can remove Duplicate Records from the menu.  The should make the cmd/crtl-D not function.

Riley Waugh
[hidden email]

> On May 29, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Hans Gunnarsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a custom menu in place.
>
> What do I need to do to prevent users of the solution from duplicating records from menu and by using cmd/ctrl-D?
>
> TIA
> Hans

Re: How to prevent record duplication?

wrwaugh
If you still want the Duplicate Record on the menu you can, in custom menus, remove or change the cmd/ctrl-D shortcut

Riley Waugh
[hidden email]

> On May 29, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Hans Gunnarsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a custom menu in place.
>
> What do I need to do to prevent users of the solution from duplicating records from menu and by using cmd/ctrl-D?
>
> TIA
> Hans

Re: How to prevent record duplication?

Patrick Neame
.... or load different menu sets depending on access privileges, one with a duplicate record command, one without. The one with can run a script  with a dialogue as the first step.
        "Do you want to duplicate this record?"

Patrick Neame