How does FM7 performance compare to FM6?

How does FM7 performance compare to FM6?

Terry Kilshaw-2
Running on Windows how does the performance of an application running in
Filemaker 7 compare with the same application running in Filemaker 6?

I'm interested in the performance of complex multi-table solutions.

In general is it possible to say if FM 7 is slower, faster, or the same?

Performance comparisons for unbound, bound, host/guest and client/server
solutions are of interest.

What about resource use: RAM and disk space?

thanks,

Terry

Re: How does FM7 performance compare to FM6?

Gary (Lists)
"Terry Kilshaw" wrote:

> Running on Windows how does the performance of an application running in
> Filemaker 7 compare with the same application running in Filemaker 6?

This, of course, is not a useful question as written.  What operating
system? What platform? What others kinds of services?

(These are rhetorical. I'm not looking for answers here. ;)  But they are
questions that _you_ should be aksing.

> Performance comparisons for unbound, bound, host/guest and client/server
> solutions are of interest.
>
> What about resource use: RAM and disk space?

Head over to FileMaker and download the White Papers and tech notes for the
products you are interested in comparing.  You will find much more useful
and technically vetted material there -- here you're likely to just get
personal opinion and anecdotes, which are useful _after_ you've gotten a
base comparison.

<http://FileMaker.com/>
--
Gary