FileMaker, Production Monitors and Open Platform Communications

FileMaker, Production Monitors and Open Platform Communications

board5ter
Hi,

We manufacture items on production lines in a facility. We run 5 different lines which can produce items at up to 3 items per second.

We are looking at automated production monitoring as a means to increase efficiency.  We are looking at devices such as this: http://www.vorne.com/xl/index.html

The stand-alone appliance would be useful, but it also supports Open Platform Communications (OPC) for configuration and reporting.

Oh, yeah... we are a Mac shop :)

Thanks,

David.

RE: FileMaker, Production Monitors and Open Platform Communications

David Graham
I don't know anything about OPC, other than it was originally designed to work with Windows.  We use home-brewed code running our manufacturing processes to generate XML messages sent over our network to update records in Filemaker.  If OPC can generate Filemaker compatible XML snippets, it should work fine.

David Graham
Tantalum Pellet Company