[FileMaker Hacks] Custom Field-Based Value Lists

[FileMaker Hacks] Custom Field-Based Value Lists

Kevin Frank
Excerpt:

Does this sound familiar? You've rolled out a solution that includes a
single-record Settings table where authorized users can enter/update
various system-wide settings, including one or more fields where the
items will appear in popup menus... and then comes the inevitable
question: Why don't items in popup menus appear in the order I entered
them?

It's a reasonable question, and in the past you might have replied,
"Because field-based value lists rely on a field's index, and their sort
order is alphanumeric"... but after reading today's article your new
answer will be: "No problem -- let me take care of that for you."

https://filemakerhacks.com/2018/03/12/custom-field-based-value-lists/

Kevin Frank & Associates
[hidden email]
www.kevinfrank.com