FileMaker Exam

Egon
I am off to take my FileMaker exam tomorrow at 8:45!

Anyone want to offer any suggestions?

J. Hall

Re: FileMaker Exam

Marcos Loyola
Good Luck
Marcos Loyola

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am off to take my FileMaker exam tomorrow at 8:45!
>
> Anyone want to offer any suggestions?
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email]
> 713-409-0554

Re: FileMaker Exam

Larry Heuvelman
Relax and don’t over think it.

Often (with most test), the answer to some questions are in future questions…..this coming from someone who has not taken this exam.

Larry

Larry Heuvelman, CR, CGR, ROI
President

www.TheOwnerConsultant.com <http://www.thecontractconsultant.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is the sender's private and confidential property, and is intended solely for the receipt, use, benefit, and information of the recipient indicated above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Failure to do so, and any review, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and may result in legal liability on your part. We believe that this email message is free of any virus or other defect. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is virus free and the sender accepts no liability for any loss or damage.

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> I am off to take my FileMaker exam tomorrow at 8:45!
>
> Anyone want to offer any suggestions?
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 713-409-0554

Re: FileMaker Exam

Jonathan Fletcher-2
I’ve had a long love-hate relationship with the cert exam. I love it when I pass it. I hate it when I’m taking it.

The biggest difference you can make is to get a good night’s sleep. I have proven it, um, more than once, that you can’t pass it if you aren’t at your best.  ::-(

Jonathan

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:32 PM, Larry Heuvelman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Relax and don’t over think it.
>
> Often (with most test), the answer to some questions are in future questions…..this coming from someone who has not taken this exam.
>
> Larry
>
> Larry Heuvelman, CR, CGR, ROI
> President
>

> www.TheOwnerConsultant.com <http://www.thecontractconsultant.com/>
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is the sender's private and confidential property, and is intended solely for the receipt, use, benefit, and information of the recipient indicated above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Failure to do so, and any review, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and may result in legal liability on your part. We believe that this email message is free of any virus or other defect. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is virus free and the sender accepts no liability for any loss or damage.
>

>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> I am off to take my FileMaker exam tomorrow at 8:45!
>>
>> Anyone want to offer any suggestions?
>>
>> J. Hall
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> 713-409-0554

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

Egon
How many queStions?

J. Hall

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve had a long love-hate relationship with the cert exam. I love it when I pass it. I hate it when I’m taking it.
>
> The biggest difference you can make is to get a good night’s sleep. I have proven it, um, more than once, that you can’t pass it if you aren’t at your best.  ::-(
>
> Jonathan
>

>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:32 PM, Larry Heuvelman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Relax and don’t over think it.
>>
>> Often (with most test), the answer to some questions are in future questions…..this coming from someone who has not taken this exam.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> Larry Heuvelman, CR, CGR, ROI
>> President
>>

>> www.TheOwnerConsultant.com <http://www.thecontractconsultant.com/>
>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is the sender's private and confidential property, and is intended solely for the receipt, use, benefit, and information of the recipient indicated above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Failure to do so, and any review, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and may result in legal liability on your part. We believe that this email message is free of any virus or other defect. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is virus free and the sender accepts no liability for any loss or damage.
>>

>>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am off to take my FileMaker exam tomorrow at 8:45!
>>>
>>> Anyone want to offer any suggestions?
>>>
>>> J. Hall
>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> 713-409-0554

> Jonathan Fletcher
> [hidden email]
>
> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
> Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

John Weinshel
Specific questions or answers about the exam are inappropriate here or
anywhere else.

On 4/27/17, 4:46 PM, "Jerry Hall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>How many queStions?
>
>J. Hall
>[hidden email]
>713-409-0554
>
>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:
>>
>> I¹ve had a long love-hate relationship with the cert exam. I love it
>>when I pass it. I hate it when I¹m taking it.
>>
>> The biggest difference you can make is to get a good night¹s sleep. I
>>have proven it, um, more than once, that you can¹t pass it if you aren¹t
>>at your best.  ::-(
>>
>> Jonathan
>>

>>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:32 PM, Larry Heuvelman
>>><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Relax and don¹t over think it.
>>>
>>> Often (with most test), the answer to some questions are in future
>>>questionsŠ..this coming from someone who has not taken this exam.
>>>
>>> Larry
>>>
>>> Larry Heuvelman, CR, CGR, ROI
>>> President
>>>

>>> www.TheOwnerConsultant.com <http://www.thecontractconsultant.com/>
>>>

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments,
>>>is the sender's private and confidential property, and is intended
>>>solely for the receipt, use, benefit, and information of the recipient
>>>indicated above. If you have received this message in error, please
>>>notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your
>>>computer system. Failure to do so, and any review, disclosure,
>>>distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and
>>>may result in legal liability on your part. We believe that this email
>>>message is free of any virus or other defect. However, it is the
>>>recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is virus free and the
>>>sender accepts no liability for any loss or damage.

>> --
>> Jonathan Fletcher
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
>> Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

Egon
Wasn't looking for answers, just trying to get a gauge of how long it will take me.

J. Hall

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:58 PM, John Weinshel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Specific questions or answers about the exam are inappropriate here or
> anywhere else.
>
>> On 4/27/17, 4:46 PM, "Jerry Hall" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How many queStions?
>>
>> J. Hall
>> [hidden email]
>> 713-409-0554
>>
>>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I¹ve had a long love-hate relationship with the cert exam. I love it
>>> when I pass it. I hate it when I¹m taking it.
>>>
>>> The biggest difference you can make is to get a good night¹s sleep. I
>>> have proven it, um, more than once, that you can¹t pass it if you aren¹t
>>> at your best.  ::-(
>>>
>>> Jonathan

>>> --
>>> Jonathan Fletcher
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
>>> Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

Mark Kimbrell
According to https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html: <https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html:>

•You have 110 minutes to take the test.

•The exam contains “about 65 questions”.

Best,

Mark Kimbrell

Alchemy Consulting Group, LLC
FileMaker 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Certified Developer
[hidden email]
888 663 6382

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wasn't looking for answers, just trying to get a gauge of how long it will take me.
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 713-409-0554
>
>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:58 PM, John Weinshel <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Specific questions or answers about the exam are inappropriate here or
>> anywhere else.
>>
>>> On 4/27/17, 4:46 PM, "Jerry Hall" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How many queStions?
>>>
>>> J. Hall
>>> [hidden email]
>>> 713-409-0554

Re: FileMaker Exam

Egon
Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning

J. Hall

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:02 PM, Mark Kimbrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> According to https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html: <https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html:>
>
> •You have 110 minutes to take the test.
>
> •The exam contains “about 65 questions”.
>
> Best,
>
> Mark Kimbrell
>
> Alchemy Consulting Group, LLC
> FileMaker 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Certified Developer
> [hidden email]
> 888 663 6382
>
>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Wasn't looking for answers, just trying to get a gauge of how long it will take me.
>>
>> J. Hall
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> 713-409-0554
>>
>>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 6:58 PM, John Weinshel <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Specific questions or answers about the exam are inappropriate here or
>>> anywhere else.

Re: FileMaker Exam

Jonathan Fletcher-2
Jerry,

Don’t hurry, but don’t dwell overly long on any question. If you get through them you can go back and work on the ones you didn’t finish.

Larry had a good point: you can sometimes get a clue about one question from how they asked another one. I’ve had that happen more than once.

If this is the first time you’ve taken it, plan on failing it. It really takes the pressure off and either way you win: you’ve either passed it or learned a lot about it.

You can take it again in a few weeks, and then you will know what to expect. You will get a different set of questions, but it will help you in studying for your next trip through the gauntlet.

Good luck!

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 8:08 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email]
> 713-409-0554
>
>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:02 PM, Mark Kimbrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> According to https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html: <https://www.filemaker.com/learning/certification/faq.html:>
>>
>> •You have 110 minutes to take the test.
>>
>> •The exam contains “about 65 questions”.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mark Kimbrell
>>
>> Alchemy Consulting Group, LLC
>> FileMaker 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Certified Developer
>> [hidden email]
>> 888 663 6382
>>
>>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Jerry Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wasn't looking for answers, just trying to get a gauge of how long it will take me.
>>>
>>> J. Hall
>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> 713-409-0554

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

Ben Levitan LLC
What's the "Filemaker Exam"?   Am I using FM without a license?

Ben Levitan

sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Re: FileMaker Exam

Egon
FileMaker Certification Exam?

J. Hall

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Ben Levitan LLC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What's the "Filemaker Exam"?   Am I using FM without a license?
>

> Ben Levitan
>

> sent from my IBM Selectric Typewriter

Jeffrey R. Gorman
Hi Jerry,

Good Luck.

I personally did not take the exam.  You can submit a solution you have done instead.

Jeff

--
Princeton: 609-683-3622, f: 609-683-3612
New Hope: 267-697-1622, f: 267-697-1621

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:08:42 -0500
> From: Jerry Hall <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: FileMaker Exam
>
> Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email]
> 713-409-0554

Re: FileMaker Exam

Egon
Wish I had know that

J. Hall

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 7:44 AM, Jeffrey R. Gorman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Good Luck.
>
> I personally did not take the exam.  You can submit a solution you have done instead.
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Princeton: 609-683-3622, f: 609-683-3612
> New Hope: 267-697-1622, f: 267-697-1621
> Thank you for using Creative Computing
> <http://www.creativecomputing.com>
>
>> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:08:42 -0500
>> From: Jerry Hall <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: FileMaker Exam
>>
>> Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning
>>
>> J. Hall
>> [hidden email]
>> 713-409-0554

RE: FileMaker Exam

davidness
Re: FileMaker Certification

>> You can submit a solution you have done instead.

I have never heard that before. Are you sure?

David Ness
FileMaker & Web Applications Developer

Bonded Builders Warranty Group
St. Petersburg, Florida USA
800-749-0381 x4923

I personally did not take the exam.  You can submit a solution you have done instead.

Jeff

--
Princeton: 609-683-3622, f: 609-683-3612 New Hope: 267-697-1622, f: 267-697-1621 Thank you for using Creative Computing <http://www.creativecomputing.com>

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:08:42 -0500
> From: Jerry Hall <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: FileMaker Exam
>
> Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning
>
> J. Hall
> [hidden email]
> 713-409-0554

Re: FileMaker Exam

Jonathan Fletcher-2
Um…

Gotta link, Jeff?

Are you sure that wasn’t for entering the FBA program?

Jonathan

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Jeffrey R. Gorman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Good Luck.
>
> I personally did not take the exam.  You can submit a solution you have done instead.
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Princeton: 609-683-3622, f: 609-683-3612
> New Hope: 267-697-1622, f: 267-697-1621
> Thank you for using Creative Computing
> <http://www.creativecomputing.com>
>
>> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:08:42 -0500
>> From: Jerry Hall <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: FileMaker Exam
>>
>> Well, then I should know about 11:00 in the morning
>>
>> J. Hall
>> [hidden email]
>> 713-409-0554

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 5/23/17

Re: FileMaker Exam

Larry Heuvelman
I just confirmed with my FM Rep, you can only get a certification if you take the test…..submitting a solution is for FBA/SBA depending.