FMServer 12 & XSLT...

Bowers, Steven N
Experts,

We'll be upgrading our servers from 11 to 12.  It appears that possibly the XSLT interface went away?  Is that true?  We still have a few solutions on our 11 server that use XSLT.  What's the simplest way to convert these?  Thanks for any input.

Steve Bowers
ITS - Enterprise Services
2800 University Capitol Centre
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA  52242-5500
319-335-5474 Fax 319-335-5505
http://at.its.uiowa.edu/

Re: FMServer 12 & XSLT...

Darren Terry-3
Not possibly, Steven.  Certainly.  FMS12 does not support XSLT web publishing.  (FMP12 does support XML import and export with XSLT, however.)

As for "simplest" way to convert:  I think the only real way to do it is to rewrite the pages in PHP.  Simple, but not easy. There's no utility that I'm aware of to translate from XSL to PHP (as there was from CDML to XSL years ago). I, too, have a client that can't upgrade because their site is in XSL and needs to be rewritten -- a daunting task.

On Jul 9, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Bowers, Steven N wrote:

> We'll be upgrading our servers from 11 to 12.  It appears that possibly the XSLT interface went away?  Is that true?  We still have a few solutions on our 11 server that use XSLT.  What's the simplest way to convert these?  Thanks for any input.

regards,
Darren

******************************
 Darren Terry
 Pacific Data Management, Inc.
 FileMaker Certified Developer
 Phone: (408) 283-5900 x303
 [hidden email]
 http://www.pdm-inc.com/

Re: FMServer 12 & XSLT...

Mikhail Edoshin-2
It could be possible to reuse part of that XSLT with PHP, which also has a
XSLT processor.

Mikhail