FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
In had FMS-15.0.3 running well on an AWS server - Windows 2012 R2 - for
months.
It was running fine until last week. Now FMSE fails.

I performed a command line restart, and it still fails.
I performed an OS restart, and it still fails.
I performed an uninstall /  reinstall of FMS-15.0.3, and it still fails.

Ideas, please?
Thanks,

Jonn Howell
DataExperience, Inc.
Certified FileMaker Developer
dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
[hidden email]
www.dataexperience.com
www.youtube.com/dataexperience

Re: FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

Mike Duncan
What do you mean by fail? Do you mean it is not running at all? What do the
logs say?

And did you do a "clean" reinstall? By that I mean uninstall and then
delete the filemaker server folder completely and install again.

Mike

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Jonn Howell at DataExperience <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> In had FMS-15.0.3 running well on an AWS server - Windows 2012 R2 - for
> months.
> It was running fine until last week. Now FMSE fails.
>
> I performed a command line restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an OS restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an uninstall /  reinstall of FMS-15.0.3, and it still fails.
>
> Ideas, please?
> Thanks,
>
> Jonn Howell
> DataExperience, Inc.
> Certified FileMaker Developer
> dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
> [hidden email]
> www.dataexperience.com
> www.youtube.com/dataexperience
> 805-368-4748

RE: FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
Mike,

Yes, I manually removed the folders after the uninstall.

Message in Log Viewer:

"Schedule "Download_suspense_apps" aborted; FileMaker scripts can't be run
because FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) process is stopped. Use the command
"fmsadmin start fmse" to start the FMSE process."

Thanks,

Jonn

[hidden email]> wrote:

> In had FMS-15.0.3 running well on an AWS server - Windows 2012 R2 -
> for months.
> It was running fine until last week. Now FMSE fails.
>
> I performed a command line restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an OS restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an uninstall /  reinstall of FMS-15.0.3, and it still fails.
>
> Ideas, please?
> Thanks,
>
> Jonn Howell
> DataExperience, Inc.
> Certified FileMaker Developer
> dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
> [hidden email]
> www.dataexperience.com
> www.youtube.com/dataexperience
> 805-368-4748

Re: FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

Simon Brown-10

Also, a corrupt database file might do this too, depending on when FMSE is failing. Does it fail with just the FMServer_Sample file?

Simon

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 15:33:43 -0400
From: Mike Duncan <[hidden email]>
To: fmpexperts <[hidden email]>
re-install

[hidden email]> wrote:

> In had FMS-15.0.3 running well on an AWS server - Windows 2012 R2 - for
> months.
> It was running fine until last week. Now FMSE fails.
>
> I performed a command line restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an OS restart, and it still fails.
> I performed an uninstall / reinstall of FMS-15.0.3, and it still fails.
>
> Ideas, please?
> Thanks,
>
> Jonn Howell
> DataExperience, Inc.
> Certified FileMaker Developer
> dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
> [hidden email]
> www.dataexperience.com
> www.youtube.com/dataexperience
> 805-368-4748

RE: FMSE - FileMaker Server Script Engine - Fails, even after re-install

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
Simon,

Yes, it is independent of a database file.

Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 15:33:43 -0400
From: Mike Duncan <[hidden email]>
To: fmpexperts <[hidden email]>
re-install