FMS 16 SSL cert LAN question

tim ballering-2
We installed an SSL cert on our shiny new FMS 16 using a FQDN pointing to our public IP address i.e. “server.myURL.com”.

Works great on the WAN, but we get some orange lock icons and some green lock icons when connecting to the sever via the LAN.

Tim Ballering

Re: FMS 16 SSL cert LAN question

Bob Patin
Tim,

Have you checked to make sure the cert is properly installed?

Use this link:

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html <https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html>
or
https://cryptoreport.geotrust.com/checker/ <https://cryptoreport.geotrust.com/checker/>

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: [hidden email]
Twitter: bobpatin

FileMaker Consulting

> On Jun 5, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We installed an SSL cert on our shiny new FMS 16 using a FQDN pointing to our public IP address i.e. “server.myURL.com”.
>
> Works great on the WAN, but we get some orange lock icons and some green lock icons when connecting to the sever via the LAN.
>
> Tim Ballering

Re: FMS 16 SSL cert LAN question

Damian Kelly
Assuming you have an internal dns server. See if the computers that get the orange padlock have their dns set to an outside dns when it ought to be internal.

Damian

> On 5 Jun 2017, at 14:55, Tim Ballering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We installed an SSL cert on our shiny new FMS 16 using a FQDN pointing to our public IP address i.e. “server.myURL.com”.
>
> Works great on the WAN, but we get some orange lock icons and some green lock icons when connecting to the sever via the LAN.
>
> Tim Ballering

Re: FMS 16 SSL cert LAN question

tim ballering-2
Thanks.  This fixed my problem.