FMS 14 admin console won't load

Bob Patin
I’ve got FM Server 14 running on a Mac server; the admin console won’t load, despite repeated restarts.

Databases are being served, so I know the database server’s running, but the web publishing engine is NOT.

If I run fmsadmin start adminserver in Terminal, I get the message that the admin server is already running.

I’ve also done tests to determine that I can get to the Mac’s web server (this is not OS X Server) from the outside.

My guess it that FM Server doesn’t see the web server, so the web publishing engine isn’t running.

Is there any way in Terminal to tell FM Server to make the WPE active? I’m thinking not and am planning a re-install after hours, but would love not to have to do that.

Thanks,

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: [hidden email]
Twitter: bobpatin

FileMaker Consulting

Re: FMS 14 admin console won't load

Bob Patin
More information:

Using Terminal, I’ve determined that the WPE is running… which indicates that FM Server doesn’t think the web server is running.
I know that i can start SERVER, ADMINSERVER, FMSE, WPE or XDBC from the command line; is one of these the web server that FMS is using, and if so, which one?

Thanks for any insight,