FM 16 card needs to work on Web Direct?

CJWatson
The card feature is a fantastic upgrade feature, It will change the way the FM interface is able to present records, list, dialogs, previews, etc.
BUT - not working in Web direct is a deal breaker IMHO. Why?
I try to design all my applications to work with at least the desktop and Web direct. Because of the cards not working in Web direct, I will have to create two layouts with a two methods of presenting records.
I use popovers now for presenting list choices, more fields on a portal line and enlarging containers for viewing. All of which would be great in the card interface.
 Now if  I would like to take advantage of cards, I will have to continue to use popovers on one layout for WD and then cards for desktop. This is extra work and Time is money. I will stick with popovers to save time and maintain consistency in the UI for users. Cards use will have to wait for now unfortunately . Do you agree?