Do Themes help WAN Speed?

Stephen Wonfor-3
Hi

Been doing a lot of googling but don’t have a clear picture of this.

Do using native Filemaker Themes for layouts help in getting better WAN speeds?  Thinking about a solution I have that has gone FMP5 to 7 to 12 now at 15.  Lots of copy/pasted no-vector objects.

Stephen

---

"Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD, bags few lynx" - a memorable panagram

Re: Do Themes help WAN Speed?

James McAlister-4
Richard Carlton Consulting has some videos related to this, and here's a
short free one that gives an overview if that will be of any help to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6KJimhePD0

James

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Stephen Wonfor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Been doing a lot of googling but don’t have a clear picture of this.
>
> Do using native Filemaker Themes for layouts help in getting better WAN
> speeds?  Thinking about a solution I have that has gone FMP5 to 7 to 12 now
> at 15.  Lots of copy/pasted no-vector objects.
>
> Stephen
>
> ---
>
> "Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD, bags few lynx" - a memorable panagram

Re: Do Themes help WAN Speed?

Alexander Zueiv
In earlier versions people used global containers to speed up apps on a WAN, but at same stage FMI optimized their file format. Now, when you duplicate a pasted raster image across layouts this does not increment the file size – every copy refers to the same single source. Not sure about converted solutions, though.

--

Alex Zueiv
Tashkent