Change background color of script lines

Hans J. Gunnarsson
Hello all

Do you know of any plugin that allows me to change the background color of scriptlines in FM?
I was thinking of that it might be neat to track context that way.

TIA
Hans

Re: Change background color of script lines

John Weinshel
In the View Menu, while the Script Workspace is open, select Script
Workspace Preference and the Syntax Coloring pane. Been there since 15.

On 6/7/17, 6:26 AM, "Hans Gunnarsson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello all
>
>Do you know of any plugin that allows me to change the background color
>of scriptlines in FM?
>I was thinking of that it might be neat to track context that way.
>
>TIA
>Hans

Re: Change background color of script lines

Darren Terry-3
Unfortunately, the syntax coloring built into FM colors the text, not the background of the script line.

I’m not aware of any plugin to do that, but there may be one.

> On Jun 7,2017, at 7:52 AM, John Weinshel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the View Menu, while the Script Workspace is open, select Script
> Workspace Preference and the Syntax Coloring pane. Been there since 15.
>

> On 6/7/17, 6:26 AM, "Hans Gunnarsson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> Do you know of any plugin that allows me to change the background color
>> of scriptlines in FM?
>> I was thinking of that it might be neat to track context that way.

regards,
Darren

******************************
 Darren Terry
 Pacific Data Management, Inc.
 FileMaker Certified Developer
 Phone: (408) 283-5900 x7003
 Fax: (408) 283-5903
 [hidden email]
 http://www.pdm-inc.com/

Re: Change background color of script lines

John Weinshel
Ah-- misread the question.

Hans might try contacting Christian at Monkeybread; he's been known to add
a feature that shows some promise.

https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/filemaker/SyntaxColoring/

On 6/7/17, 9:13 AM, "Darren Terry" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Unfortunately, the syntax coloring built into FM colors the text, not the
>background of the script line.
>
>I¹m not aware of any plugin to do that, but there may be one.
>
>> On Jun 7,2017, at 7:52 AM, John Weinshel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In the View Menu, while the Script Workspace is open, select Script
>> Workspace Preference and the Syntax Coloring pane. Been there since 15.
>>

>> On 6/7/17, 6:26 AM, "Hans Gunnarsson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> Do you know of any plugin that allows me to change the background color
>>> of scriptlines in FM?
>>> I was thinking of that it might be neat to track context that way.
>

>regards,
>Darren
>
>******************************
> Darren Terry
> Pacific Data Management, Inc.
> FileMaker Certified Developer
> Phone: (408) 283-5900 x7003
> Fax: (408) 283-5903
> [hidden email]
> http://www.pdm-inc.com/

Re: Change background color of script lines

Jimmy D. Jones
Hans,

Are you asking to arbitrarily change the background color of Script Steps? That is not possible.

All the Script colorizing is automatic based on Script step types. You can adjust them per Johns instructions.

Selecting a script step in the debugger will highlight the background.

If you have the MBS plugin:
Selecting an "If[]" step will colorize the background of the "Else" and "End If" steps.

___________
The opinions expressed in this email are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or anyone else.
Regards,
Ch0c0halic, FileMaker 14 Certified Developer
FileMaker Developer Conference 2017
July 24-26, 2017 • JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ
http://www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon/index.html

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 6:26 AM, Hans Gunnarsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all
>
> Do you know of any plugin that allows me to change the background color of scriptlines in FM?
> I was thinking of that it might be neat to track context that way.
>
> TIA
> Hans

Re: Change background color of script lines

Hans J. Gunnarsson
Thank you guys.

I’m actually talking about selecting a block of script steps and then change the color of that background from a palette of colors.
Similar to what I can do with those three highlight colors available in OmniOutliner.

I’ll talk to Christian and see if he has any ideas.

Kind regards
Hans