Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

board5ter
Hi,

Does anyone know of vertical FileMaker solution to help a team proof and approve artwork?

The process would be something like...

1. Designer creates artwork.

2. Proof team approves artwork draft.

3. Artwork sent to publisher.

4. Proof team approves final draft from publisher.

5. Artwork printed.

Different versions of the same artwork need to be archived and available.

Just wondering if someone knows of something before I go ahead and start building something.

Thanks,

David.

Re: Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

Jonathan Fletcher-2
I have a one-off that I did for my client. The FM house-side runs a large “micro-buy” ad operation. They had a web guy build a web portal that communicates 2-way with FMS so that their clients could go in and review the art and respond online. It would then go back into the system so the designer can see the approval state of all art pieces.

It does have versioning, change logging, rudimentary chat, multi-department approvals, various options for the customer to request and final transmission to the media outlet.

It uses RESTfm to provide API endpoints to the web app.

This works great for several dozen items a day.

Unfortunately, I can’t share it, but feel free to ask any questions you like.

Jonathan

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of vertical FileMaker solution to help a team proof and approve artwork?
>
> The process would be something like...
>

> 1. Designer creates artwork.
>
> 2. Proof team approves artwork draft.
>
> 3. Artwork sent to publisher.
>
> 4. Proof team approves final draft from publisher.
>
> 5. Artwork printed.
>

> Different versions of the same artwork need to be archived and available.
>
> Just wondering if someone knows of something before I go ahead and start building something.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.

Jonathan Fletcher
[hidden email]

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 8/22/17

Re: Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

Tom Fitch
You could give these guys a call:

http://www.pre1.com/add-ons/proofrocket

Tom Fitch
FileMaker Pro Certified Developer
Portland, Oregon

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 2:10 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of vertical FileMaker solution to help a team proof and approve artwork?
>
> The process would be something like...
>

> 1. Designer creates artwork.
>
> 2. Proof team approves artwork draft.
>
> 3. Artwork sent to publisher.
>
> 4. Proof team approves final draft from publisher.
>
> 5. Artwork printed.
>

> Different versions of the same artwork need to be archived and available.
>
> Just wondering if someone knows of something before I go ahead and start building something.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.

Re: Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

board5ter
is that one filemaker-based?
hard to tell from the site.
thanks,
david.

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 6:02 PM, Tom Fitch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You could give these guys a call:
>
> http://www.pre1.com/add-ons/proofrocket
>
> Tom Fitch
> FileMaker Pro Certified Developer
> Portland, Oregon
>

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 2:10 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know of vertical FileMaker solution to help a team proof and approve artwork?
>>
>> The process would be something like...
>>

>> 1. Designer creates artwork.
>>
>> 2. Proof team approves artwork draft.
>>
>> 3. Artwork sent to publisher.
>>
>> 4. Proof team approves final draft from publisher.
>>
>> 5. Artwork printed.
>>

>> Different versions of the same artwork need to be archived and available.
>>
>> Just wondering if someone knows of something before I go ahead and start building something.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David.

Re: Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

board5ter
thanks. sounds good, more complex than we need - i may reach out if i start building.
this is all in-house with filemaker pro/go client.
many thanks,
david.

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a one-off that I did for my client. The FM house-side runs a large “micro-buy” ad operation. They had a web guy build a web portal that communicates 2-way with FMS so that their clients could go in and review the art and respond online. It would then go back into the system so the designer can see the approval state of all art pieces.
>
> It does have versioning, change logging, rudimentary chat, multi-department approvals, various options for the customer to request and final transmission to the media outlet.
>
> It uses RESTfm to provide API endpoints to the web app.
>
> This works great for several dozen items a day.
>
> Unfortunately, I can’t share it, but feel free to ask any questions you like.
>
> Jonathan
>

>> On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know of vertical FileMaker solution to help a team proof and approve artwork?
>>
>> The process would be something like...
>>

>> 1. Designer creates artwork.
>>
>> 2. Proof team approves artwork draft.
>>
>> 3. Artwork sent to publisher.
>>
>> 4. Proof team approves final draft from publisher.
>>
>> 5. Artwork printed.
>>

>> Different versions of the same artwork need to be archived and available.
>>
>> Just wondering if someone knows of something before I go ahead and start building something.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David.

> Jonathan Fletcher
> [hidden email]
>
> Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
> Next Meeting: 8/22/17

Re: Artwork Proofing Process with FileMaker

Tom Fitch
Their main product is FileMaker-based. I'm not certain about proof
rocket, but it does integrate with the FileMaker system.