Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Fitzgerald, Theodore C
We were planning to upgrade our Test server from FileMaker Server 14.0.3 to 15.0.3 over the weekend, but some product issue discussions on the FileMaker website have us a bit concerned.

Specifically these two:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/168254
https://community.filemaker.com/thread/168246

Has anyone had experience with these issues?  Specifically, has anyone experienced the first issue (corrupt cache) on FMS 15v1 or v2?

Our environment consists of a mish-mash of client versions (from 13.0v9 through 15.0v3) and we have little control on how or when they are updated.

Thanks,

Ted

Application Developer
ITS-Enterprise Services
2800 UCC
University of Iowa

RE: Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
Mac or Windows?

Thanks,

Jonn

Jonn Howell
DataExperience, Inc.
Certified FileMaker Developer
dba Bootcamp for FileMaker
[hidden email]
www.dataexperience.com
www.youtube.com/dataexperience

RE: Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Fitzgerald, Theodore C
Server is Windows (2008 R2).  Clients are mostly Windows with a few Mac clients.

Ted

Re: Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Darren Terry-3
No, I haven’t experienced either issue.

> On Apr 14,2017, at 11:15 AM, Fitzgerald, Theodore C <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone had experience with these issues?  Specifically, has anyone experienced the first issue (corrupt cache) on FMS 15v1 or v2

regards,
Darren

******************************
 Darren Terry
 Pacific Data Management, Inc.
 FileMaker Certified Developer
 Phone: (408) 283-5900 x7003
 Fax: (408) 283-5903
 [hidden email]
 http://www.pdm-inc.com/

Re: Another FileMaker Server 15 upgrade question

Jonn Howell at DataExperience
We use FileMaker server 15.0.3 on Windows and Mac on multiple computers and also as server in the cloud on Amazon Web services and I have no problems. It's a final product.

Jonn

Live life in excellence
- sent from my 1995 Motorola Power PAK bag phone

> On Apr 14, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Fitzgerald, Theodore C <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Server is Windows (2008 R2).  Clients are mostly Windows with a few Mac clients.
>
> Ted

Mardi Kennedy

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/168254  (caching leads to wrong data display)
https://community.filemaker.com/thread/168246 (faulty lookups)

Has anyone had experience with these issues?  Specifically, has anyone experienced the first issue (corrupt cache) on FMS 15v1 or v2?>

Going through the Product Issues, these would also seem to be burners:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/169589  (fonts bulk-replaced across Classic layouts)

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/170683 (damaged files reporting a clean Recovery)

To be balanced against the 'happy FMS 15.03' users...