AWS AppStream

J. Sciarra
Hi Experts,

Does anybody have any knowledge of FileMaker and AppStream?

While FM Web Direct is getting much closer to the way we want to deliver FileMaker, the Citrix/RemoteApp hypervisor model is still the best way to deliver FM in some circumstances, in our opinion. and AppStream is the same type of service but integrated into AWS. It seems likes it's probably too expensive for small scale use.

Another question is, can you set up RemoteApp and FM Server on a single windows server on AWS? It certainly seems like you can do this but the documentation suggests that you need a DNS server as well. This particular solution is for a small shop <10 users.

Any clarity or insights here would be much appreciated.

J. Sciarra
Colibri