Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 15 adds the creation of transparent thumbnails and getting file icons.
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, September 28th, 2016--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 8.6 for FileMaker Pro 15.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 8.6?
Troi File Plug-in 8.6 has the following new functionality:
- Improved compatibility with macOS Sierra (Mac OS X 10.12).
- Added new TrFile_GetIcon function, which gets the icon of a file. It can create icons in sizes varying from 16x16 to 1024x1024 pixels and with double resolution for retina screens.
- Added new switch "-CreatePNG" to the TrFile_CreateThumbnail function: this will give as result a thumbnail in the PNG format, with an alpha channel. This means that the thumbnail will have the same transparent areas as the original image.
- Improved support for PDF/X files, which enables you to determine if a file confirms to the PDF/X standard.
In addition to this, version 8.6 has several bug fixes and further improvements. We also updated the User Guide.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 8.6 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 8.6 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html
Troi File Plug-in 8.6 works with FileMaker Pro 12 to 15 including with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 to 15. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.x or higher and for Windows 7 to 10.
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 8.6 also works with FileMaker Server 12 to 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Upgrading from version 8.5 is free: version 8.6 works with the same 8.5 registration. Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after November 1st, 2015 have received a free upgrade to version 8.5.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 1st, 2015, are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering has over 15 years experience in developing high quality cross platform plug-ins for FileMaker Pro and is winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award. For more information, visit our web site at:
The Troi plug-list mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|